It’s early/mid August, the sun is shining, it’s hot and you want something light to eat and what better than a salad. You can easily get these ingredients from any of your local supermarkets and to top it off it’s dirt cheap….about £1.50 to make 😀
(Preparation time: 20 minutes, Difficulty Level: 2 – Easy)
(Suitable for Vegetarians)
As usual I don’t provide the specific amount for each ingredient as you may prefer some over others so and again you are the boss of your own food.
- Lemon Juice
- Garlic (Roughly Chopped)
- Mint (Optional)
- Large Salad Bowl
- Small Sauce Pan
- Shallow Frying Pan
- Start by boiling your eggs with pre-boiled water from a kettle for about 5-6 minutes for a runny yolk.
- Roughly chop up, wash and strain your lettuce.
- Roughly chop/dice your cucumber.
- Roughly chop/dice your celery.
- Dice your tomatoes.
- Remove the core of the apple and slice it to your liking.
- Roughly chop up the olives.
- Finely chop the mint.
- Throw it all into the salad bowl.
- In the shallow pan, pour in 2-3 tbsp of olive oil and turn to low/medium heat.
- Throw in the chopped garlic and let them fry and toast until golden and light brown.
- Pour it into the salad bowl, add the lemon juice, salt and pepper and mix everything together thoroughly.
- Place spoonfuls of salad into a shallow plate.
- Peel the eggs and cut into quarters and place on top to your liking.
- (Optional) Lightly dress the top of the salad with some salad cream or a vinaigrette.
- Serve and Enjoy!