So right now, I’m guessing most of you guys in uni or studying are in the middle of exams. If not, congrats on finishing this year, so go out and have some fun this summer and try out some of my other recipes now you have time! ;D
Now if you are living away from home by yourself, I’m pretty sure you don’t really have time to make a fancy shmancy dinner or even spend more than 1 hour to cook something. With that in mind, here is something which is classically a fast and simple meal, a fish finger sandwich. But, because I like to add my usual twists and fazzaz with recipes I present to you a ‘Posh Fish Finger Sandwich’.
Don’t let the name fool you, this is as simple as any normal fish finger sandwich, only difference here is the ingredients. So…enjoy!
(Prep/Cooking time: 30 Mins, Difficulty Level: 1 – Super Easy, Cost: £ – Super Cheap)
(Suitable for Vegetarians)
- Oven-style Battered Fish
- Bread Roll
- Mushy Peas
- Mayonnaise/Salad Cream
- (Optional) BBQ Sauce/Ketchup
- (Optional) Mint Sauce
- Baking Tray
1) Start by baking your fish in the oven by following the instructions on the packet it came in and until nice and golden.
2) Whilst your fish is cooking, roughly slice your gherkins and tomatoes up.
3) Empty out your mushy peas into a bowl and heat it through in your microwave.
- (Optional) For an extra bit of zing, add a small spoonful of mint sauce to your mushy peas after warming it through.
4) Cut your bread roll in half and lightly toast it in your toaster or under the grill.
5) Spread some mayonnaise/salad cream (and BBQ sauce/ketchup if using) on your slices of bread.
6) Lay out your gherkins and tomatoes on your bread.
7) When your fish is done, take it out the oven and lay it on top of you gherkins.
8) Spoon on a generous amount of mushy peas and close it off with the top half of the bread.
- If you don’t like mushy peas, you can substitute it with loads of other things, e.g. normal peas, hummus, oven chips, etc
9) Serve and Enjoy!
I’ve entered this dish into Fiesta Friday, hosted by the lovely Angie aka The Novice Gardener, along with many other wonderful blogs and recipes from other bloggers. So come take a look at the wonderful food that is being served at the party and maybe join us and show us some of your recipes.