Alright everyone, here is another one of my recipes for you to enjoy. I’ve been super busy these past two weeks and haven’t really had time to make much, but I was asked to make some lunch on the weekend and decided to throw this simple and delicious hummus recipe together in 10 minutes.
It’s simple, quick, cheap, delicious and incredibly versatile. Hope you guys enjoy!
This is also a great dish to make for any picnics you guys may have now that the sun has come out! Have fun!
(Prep/Cooking time: 10 Mins, Difficulty Level: 1 – Super Easy, Cost: £ – Super Cheap)
(Suitable for Vegetarians)
- Tinned chick peas
- Garlic (Roughly Diced)
- Tahini/Sesame Oil (1 tsp per tin of chick peas)
- Olive Oil
- Lime/Lemon Juice
- Blender (If you don’t have a blender you can either use a pestle and mortar or you can use something heavy and mash it in a bowl for a chunkier hummus)
- Small shallow pan
1) In your small pan, heat a couple of tbsp of olive oil and throw in your garlic to lightly brown for a few seconds.
- Be sure to take it off the heat quickly as the garlic can burn very quickly when it is diced up, which makes everything bitter.
2) Wash and drain your tinned chick peas and throw it into your blender along with your lime/lemon juice, paprika, tahini/sesame oil and about 2/3 of your browned garlic and olive oil.
- Remember to season it with some salt and pepper and taste it as you go along so as to get it to your liking.
3) Blend until you get your desired consistency. Blend less for a chunkier finish or a little longer for a velvety smooth finish.
- If it does not seem to be blending, you can either add a bit of water or olive oil to help loosen up the mixture.
4) Once done, scrape it out the blender into a bowl or serving dish, pour the rest of the garlic oil over the top and sprinkle some extra paprika on top.
5) Serve it up with some tortilla chips and some bread or whatever you want to eat it with and Enjoy!