Happy 2016 everyone!
New Year, New Me, New You!
New Years usually means resolutions and obviously the most common one of all is to ‘Get fit and eat healthy’. But how can we do that when there’s so much food, which isn’t necessarily good for you, all around us, like…PIZZA!
Everyone loves, pizza. You’ll be hardpressed to find someone who says they don’t like pizza. However, we also know it’s unhealthy as s**t! So, if you care about your diet but still want pizza, substitute it instead with “Cauliflower Pizza”!
Gluten free, carb free, great for vegetarians and still hella tasty! Oh and did I mention it’s incredibly cheap to make as well? Check out my recipe and give it a go! Enjoy!
(Prep/Cooking time: 1hr, Difficulty Level: 2 – Easy, Cost: £ – Super Cheap)
(Suitable for Vegetarians dependant on toppings of choice)
Ingredients (Makes a large pizza. Serves 4-5):
- Cheddar (Grated)
- Tomatoe Marinara/Salsa/Pizza Sauce
- Eggs (Beaten) (1-2 per head of cauliflower)
- Garlic (Crushed/Finely Chopped)
- Olive Oil
- Seasoning/Salt ‘n’ Pepper
- Baking Tray
- Baking Paper/Parchment
- Microwavable Bowl
- (Optional) Sieve
- (Optional) Blender/Food Processor
- (Optional) Thin Clean Tea Towel
1) Start by grating your cauliflower until it looks like rice. Or, just blitz it in the blender if you have one.
2) Pour it into your bowl and stick it in the microwave for about 5-7 minutes until softened.
3) Take it out and let it cool.
- You can tip it out onto your baking tray and spread it out to let it cool faster.
4) Preheat oven to Gas Mark 5/170-190°C.
5) Once cooled, pour it into your sieve and try to squeeze as much water out as possible. Or if you have a tea towel, pour it into that, scrunch it up and squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
6) Once squeezed thoroughly, pour it back into your bowl. Then add your eggs, garlic, plenty of seasoning and a handful of cheddar and mix thoroughly.
7) Line your baking tray with some baking paper and lightly grease the surface of it with some olive oil.
8) Scoop up your cauliflower and plop it in the middle of the tray. Then spread it out till it looks like a pizza.
9) Bake it in the oven for about 20 minutes until golden brown and crisping at the edges.
10) Cook your bacon.
11) Once base is done, take it out. Layer on some marinara, throw on some slices of mozzarella and grill it until melted.
- Be careful you don’t burn the paper or your pizza.
12) Take it out, throw your bacon and rocket on. Crack some pepper and lightly drizzle with olive oil.
13) Serve and Enjoy!